After reading Nuala O”Faolain’s memoir Are You Somebody? I shed a few tears:
- for the pain and the beauty in this little treasure of a book I found at Goodwill.
- for how it relates to me (we’re so egotistical aren’t we) and all women.
- for the memory of my mother, whose birthday is today.
- for my close friend’s mother’s dying, her funeral being today.
- for my ill health. My stomach hurts from some undiagnosed what?
- for my inability to settle my unruly thoughts, sort through them into a coherent view of my life and its relationships.
She tells her story … Read more...