Dragged myself away from my cave and computer to glorious weather. Started watering thirsty plants and you know how one thing leads to another in the garden.
- My mulberry tree is loaded with fruit. A couple of ripe little black jewels peeked out at me and popped right into my mouth. Yup, it is my favorite fruit; hairs, stem and all.
- The bougainvillea I just planted next to the walled garden has looked so dead. At close inspection, it’s covered with tiny buds. The way time is passing it’ll be climbing the wall with the others in no time.
… Read more...
Looks like one of those Costa Rican bugs has bitten me again – some internal one. Will have the tests back next week. I’m finally feeling good enough to drag myself off the couch and aah! that fresh Florida February air feels fabulous. Should have a story posted next week. In the next few days will give you some background material. Don’t give up.
How do you like my background? It’s called the Whale’s Tail – a part of the Costa Rican Pacific coastline that I see from my balcony everyday. I’m so lucky!… Read more...
After reading Nuala O”Faolain’s memoir Are You Somebody? I shed a few tears:
- for the pain and the beauty in this little treasure of a book I found at Goodwill.
- for how it relates to me (we’re so egotistical aren’t we) and all women.
- for the memory of my mother, whose birthday is today.
- for my close friend’s mother’s dying, her funeral being today.
- for my ill health. My stomach hurts from some undiagnosed what?
- for my inability to settle my unruly thoughts, sort through them into a coherent view of my life and its relationships.
She tells her story … Read more...
It’s all out there now. Public. That’s what I keep forgetting. And there’s so much of it. (At least nothing goes out until I hit post.)
- I sit here listening to NPR. The bailout -don’t continue to give to the haves. Pepsi’s Gatorade change to G – what a slap in the face!
- CR sends me an email with youtube.com Playing for Change – I want to dance inside and out. Each computer site I enter leads me away to another.
- In the car, listening to an audio Loving Frank (Lloyd Wright) by Horan -what a preposterous genius. Need
… Read more...
First thanks to my son Ray (Scoot) for being enthusiastic about my dipping into the waters of the social web world and teaching me to swim. So far I’m just floating. A start. My interests:
- Politics – love being left
- writing – creative and otherwise – trying to wean myself from the paper journal (except for secret things)
- life and times in Costa Rica – live there half the year
If you have any interest in me and my stuff tune in.… Read more...
Gotta start somewhere. I’m sending this out to my meager email list. If you access my blog please reply and tell all your friends. I am also on Facebook. My son Ray is helping me get started. My blog name is CostaJill.com or do you already know that? I’m interested in learning how this whole internet writing world works. I understand that works on paper are almost obsolete. I’ll be posting my thoughts and writings – political, personal, whatever is entertaining or interesting at the moment. Hope you join in. Got any questions, hints, suggestions? Let me know. Hello world. … Read more...