It’s 2010. Twenty-Ten – don’t you like the sound of that? In honor of the new decade I’m putting out of my mind that it’s been a month since posting a blog. Let’s start anew without resolutions. They just cause stress. And thus begins my recollection of a first in a lifetime experience, up in a tree house.
You’d think that the rainy season would be the perfect season for the Rain Forest Aid concert on the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica, but hardly anyone came and most of those have gone home – the ones who could slip and … Read more...
Finally, I’ve had a fully fantastic flying dream. It’s been a long time. Dreaming is my other reality and a very important part of my life that just ain’t happening much these days. And flying – I’ve only had a smattering of those since my youth. Friday night we were camping at Rocky Ford on the Myakka River, FL. I was watching a bright moon pass over as I finally fell asleep.
Then my mother, my son Ray and I were puttering in the kitchen of an old Florida house, wide veranda and open doors drawing in the breeze. I … Read more...
After reading Nuala O”Faolain’s memoir Are You Somebody? I shed a few tears:
- for the pain and the beauty in this little treasure of a book I found at Goodwill.
- for how it relates to me (we’re so egotistical aren’t we) and all women.
- for the memory of my mother, whose birthday is today.
- for my close friend’s mother’s dying, her funeral being today.
- for my ill health. My stomach hurts from some undiagnosed what?
- for my inability to settle my unruly thoughts, sort through them into a coherent view of my life and its relationships.
She tells her story … Read more...
It’s all out there now. Public. That’s what I keep forgetting. And there’s so much of it. (At least nothing goes out until I hit post.)
- I sit here listening to NPR. The bailout -don’t continue to give to the haves. Pepsi’s Gatorade change to G – what a slap in the face!
- CR sends me an email with youtube.com Playing for Change – I want to dance inside and out. Each computer site I enter leads me away to another.
- In the car, listening to an audio Loving Frank (Lloyd Wright) by Horan -what a preposterous genius. Need
… Read more...
Gotta start somewhere. I’m sending this out to my meager email list. If you access my blog please reply and tell all your friends. I am also on Facebook. My son Ray is helping me get started. My blog name is CostaJill.com or do you already know that? I’m interested in learning how this whole internet writing world works. I understand that works on paper are almost obsolete. I’ll be posting my thoughts and writings – political, personal, whatever is entertaining or interesting at the moment. Hope you join in. Got any questions, hints, suggestions? Let me know. Hello world. … Read more...